Monday 26 July 2010

I am developing a real love for alpaca yarn. I was first introduced to it when I went to Woolfest in June 2010. I bought some 2-ply and DK from WhyNot Alpacas and I even bought a small bag of fleece just to have the softness of it at my fingertips. I am currently knitting the 2-ply into a simple cable scarf. It's just so, so soft - I think it feels amazing and hopefully it will do when it's wrapped around in the cooler months. It also has that slight 'fuzziness' - is there a better word? - so the stitch definition is less but I like that as it sort of fills in the gaps between stitches. I have bought some red alpaca yarn, DROPS Alpaca, from DROPS, which seems to be really good value - I'll have to see what it is like when it arrives in the post. I am also quite tempted by the wool/alpaca mix in the aran weight Nepal...

No comments:

Post a Comment